Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

Sleek Makeup i-Divine Ultra Mattes DARKS PALETTE

 I truly believe that sleek have the best range of eyeshadows palettes due to their huge range of colours and today I will be reviewing the sleek matte palette in the dark colours and the reason I love this one is because of the matte look which makes it wearable everywhere.
This can be bought in superdrugs.co.uk for only £7.99 which is amazing because you get 12 highly pigmented colours which is around 0.70p each colour.
What the product claims?
Sleek Makeup’s legendary i-Divines are 12 shades of high-quality, super-pigmented eyeshadow, suited to every skin tone.Ultra Mattes are intensely creamy, highly pigmented colours that are super- blendable. These mineral-based eyeshadows are so smooth in texture they are ideal for contouring eyes and creating multi-dimensional looks.

A palette of 12 pressed eyeshadows, the V1 Bright Ultra Mattes i- Divine contains 12 pure matte shades.
 The packaging of the sleek palette is what I really find to resemble palettes in the high end but the mechanism could be a bit better manufactured because I have three different palettes and all my palette have a lid which is either fully open or loose, having a palette with no lid could be difficult because you then don’t have a mirror and also your eyeshadows are prone to cracking.

 What others have to say about this palette?
This palette is great for acheiving smokey eyes with a difference, it doesn't always have to be greys, this palette offers greens, purples, berries and browns, very velvety colours, however, working with mattes is a lot harder than with shimmers, make sure you have a few good brushes an extra time to blend....GREAT, I put it on in the morning and it always stays on the whole day.


 As you can see from above the eyeshadow are truly pigmented and amazing for experimenting for different effects, however it is very “powdery “so fallouts are possible and I am unable to comment about the lasting power because I always use a primer which makes it last for around 10 hours ( I never need to keep makeup on for more than 10 hrs)
 The palette comes with this double ended applicator which I use to apply the eyeshadow onto the eyelid but I never use this for blending as I always use my real technique starter set for any eyeshadow application
Pros:

  • The packaging provides you with a wide mirror which is always useful
  • 12 lovely matte shades which are highly pigmented
  • Suitable for all skin tones
Cons:
  • The lid of the palette tends to come off or the screw becomes loose making it very flimsy 

No comments:

Post a Comment