Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch

 What the Product Claim?
Wake up your skin with a healthy-looking glow! Rimmel introduces new Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch to give an instant boost of shimmering radiance. The lightweight mousse formula is ultra-blendable and gives a long-lasting, natural-looking flush of colour.Skin is illuminated and highlighted. It’s time to get glowing!
I only bought this product for £1 in poundland but you can purchase this for £4.99 in superdrugs. The packaging of the "WAKE ME UP" is what really grabs my attention and has become iconic,I feel a necessity to have the collection because the orange is truly attention grabbing and definitely suits the name.
I really love this pink colour (Radiant Rose) for winter to add a bit of colour to my washed out face.

 The tube is very tiny but you only need a very small amount to make your cheeks blush! so I think the amount provided is reasonable for the amount you need.

 This is all you need and to be honest this is quite a lot you probably will need only half of this.
 This is what I really hate about the product,the fact that it contains so much glitter which makes your face look like you just had a glitter fight,however I really like the subtle hint of pink colour and the more you blend the cream blush the more natural it looks but then the you will be left with a lot of glitter.
 What others have to say?
I quite like this product as it's very light but gives a slight flush and a touch of sparkle to the face. I felt it was good value for money and the colours are very nice and wearable. It does however require a bit of blending to avoid having a line of colour on the face
I thought this was great - until I went out on a sunny day with my daughter. She asked me why I had glitter on my face. Imagine my horror when, on looking in my handbag mirror, I looked as if I had tipped a pot of glitter over my face. Awful. And the annoying thing is, I bought both shades!



Pros

  •  gorgeous pink shade
  • the creamy texture makes it blendable
Cons
  • lasting power is rubbish
  • Glitter sometimes is left behind making the face look too glittery
  • I don't think the colour will show up in darker skinned women
  • the range of available colours are limited.
TBH! if this products runs out I will not be keen to pay the full-price because I have better pigmented blush and I am not so fond of makeup that looks obvious on the face and the glitter will make it obvious and in summer it might make your face look glowy but yet again can be a bit extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment