Pages

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Sleek Oil Free Creme to Powder II UNDERRATED

Today I felt that I wanted to write about a foundation but was not sure which one, but then I thought that most people will write about foundations that are either new or something that everyone love and is hyped about in majority blogs however  I thought that maybe I should write about a foundation that is not that highly hyped about, when I first bought this foundation (Sleek Oil Free Crème to Powder Foundation) I was really confused on the application and so I done what most people done, I tried finding a YouTube tutorial however there wasn’t any. I then experimented to find a good way to apply this crème foundation in order to get good coverage and I think that the best way is using a damp sponge. I have extremely dry skin and when I saw that this was “oil-free “I assumed it will be mattifying but I was amazed that it did not cling on to my flakes however I found that although I had dry skin after few hours my face turned a little oily.

 What the product claims?
Full coverage smooth concealing foundation. Oil-free emulsion that transforms into a flawless and matte powder finish. Use professional sponge for ease of application. Apply the foundation all over the face to achieve a natural flawless look.

The packaging is quite good for travelling, it comes in a compact form with a nice useful mirror and under the crème foundation is a secret compartment with a standard sponge which I never use due to hygiene reasons.
 I have the shade in “Calico” and I actually believe that this is the only shade that has ever matched my face quite near to perfect! I bought this from Superdrug’s long time ago but recently when I thought I will stock the foundation up I realised that the foundation shade was unavailable however there are many other shades and the thing that I love about Sleek is that they consider the darker shaded women! 

 Where to buy:superdrugs.co.uk for £7.99
One thing I must complain about is the lasting power, I really don’t think this would last longer than 3-4 hours, this foundation is definitely buildable to a good coverage but because it turns from a crème to a powder the coverage can become lighter in texture, another thing about the texture is that because it is crème I found it very difficult to apply because of the thickness the only way I was able to was scraping the amount out of the compact and using a damp sponge to change the consistency a little thinner to be able to spread it out, in addition the crème also got very messy very quickly sometimes trapping dust and hair... eeeew.
 I really love this foundation I wear it mostly at college because I’m very lazy for liquid foundations and I use it for light coverage, some people use this as a high coverage concealer which is also a good idea, if your are very fair I don’t think you will be able to find your shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment